Nov 3, 2008

My Favorite Wedding Moments

Looking back to a year ago and listening to our wedding song (Two Words by Lea Salonga), the memories came flooding back. Our wedding was held over two days in November last year. One day for the bridal pick up and Chinese tea ceremony, and the dinner over the next evening. Most of the two days went by in a blur, but there are moments that are etched in my memory and they will be there, always
I remember waking up feeling calm and excited all at the same time. And filled to the brim with happiness!
I could hardly sleep the night before, staring at my wedding gown and shoes all ready at the foot of my bed. Then in the morning when sunshine filtered through the window, illuminating the lace, I thought "Gosh! I am getting married today!"
Then, my aunty came through the door, carrying the most beautiful bouquet. She promised me they would be special for me, and they were....every single petal was perfect!
The fresh orchids for my hair! Aunty and I went to get those from the market a day earlier and they bloomed fresh and lovely. Makeup artist Mandy did a great job.
I always liked this picture, of my daddy so tenderly putting up the final touches to my door.
Sharing a moment with my dearest friends
My wonderful family - Daddy, Mommy & Big Brother
My friends had wanted to make the guys eat a whole bag of bananas....
...and ended up eating the bananas themselves! Gee, they gotta really work on their negotiation skills...
Hubby coming in to pick up his bride...
:)
I remember vividly the moment I saw the ballroom for the first time before the banquet. I remember being choked with emotions, and thinking how absolutely beautiful it was! The colors, the flowers... it was amazing. I remember at that exact moment, I thought to myself.. our wedding is going to be perfect!
Our emcees for the night - Angeline and Beng Hooi. Their opening words touched us deeply - thank you, you two!
"It is an honor to have good friends. But when good friends fall in love and decide to spend the rest of their lives together, we feel very priviledged to be apart of that story"
We were grateful for friends who travelled from afar just to share this special day with us
Need I say more? :) My wonderful hubby
My mommy's smile... :)
My daddy's smile... :)
Friends who have been with me since primary school, we share everything..bad times, and good times like this
And at the end of the day, it was the company of family members and good friends that made all the difference
Of course, my most favorite wedding moment....getting married to the most wonderful, kind, understanding, funny and loving person - my husband
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely radiant in the last pic. =)

z.a.i.r.e.e.n said...

finally,i get to see ur wedding pix. u look great!!! great wedding. familiar faces too - irene, szen, maureen....

oh, and congratulations of your 1st anniversary! here's to many, many more to come!

LiQ said...

whimsical: thanks! happy hormones are good hehee...

Zai: What?? I got them on facebook as well. You go search for them la... yea I can't believe it's a year already!