Oct 22, 2008

It's a Life Changing Experience

The loss of an unborn child changes a person. Even though ours was barely 5 weeks old, she was still a person-to-be and is special to us. I would like it to be a 'she' - for all things unknown are always assigned a feminine gender, and it would've been nice to have a girl. Fabian would have loved a girl.

Throughout the two weeks medical leave, I did nothing much but think. Think and think. I had emotional strength to do nothing else. But one thing for sure, this somehow changed the way I had been before. Things that were important are now no longer of value. Priorities shifted. If it is even possible, the love and respect for my husband grew even stronger. I wanted only Fabian to be with me and help me out of my depression.

I used to worry about work, about the review cycles that might make me look bad.... I don't really care now. And suddenly I have a plan of my career for the next few years. Not for glory, but making sure other important things can take priority.

Yes, sometimes it takes a brief tragedy to change a person's outlook on things. Or perhaps to steer you back to the path you were truly meant for.

No comments: