Oct 23, 2008

Making the Change

I have been thinking of asking my boss for a change of in my duties at work for some time now. I have been doing this traveling job for 5 years now and it's been on my mind for a while that I would like to take a break from it for a while to give time for other priorities, namely to start a family and spend more time at home with hubby while he is onshore. But I never did work up enough guts to walk up to the boss to discuss this. In addition to that, pride got in the way. I could never bring myself to put work aside, and admit I cannot be the superwoman who can do it all.

After two weeks of deep thought following the incident, it just hit me. There is no reason to be embarrassed of wanting to put personal reasons ahead of a career. My thoughts are suddenly clear of what I want and how I would like to see my near future commitments to be. If nothing else, at least I broke free of my previous confines of feminist pride.

No comments: